Rapidly changing coding guidelines and rules!
Questions with ambiguous answers?
Constant battles with no room for errors?
Amid historic industry growth, new coding guidelines, OASIS -E, RCD, VBP and workforce shortages, many agencies are struggling with accuracy and productivity challenges.
OASIS-E ushers in the biggest changes to the OASIS data set and agencies need to understand the scope and comprehensiveness of these changes. Not only are there many new and retired items, but the entire structure of the OASIS is changing.
No matter how good your coder may be, the unfamiliarity of the ever-changing ICD-10 and OASIS environment will be daunting.
- Changes in ICD-10 and OASIS-E are resulting in significant coding errors! Are your coders struggling with understanding and mastering these changes?
- Is the work of your coders audited? By whom? How often?
- Are you able to process OASIS in a timely manner or is it hindered by productivity issues?
- Are you witnessing Non-Affirmations and denials due to incorrect coding or understanding of RCD state requirements?
- Do you conduct a Pre and Post HHRG analysis to evaluate coding accuracy and missed revenues? — Incorporating our Coders’ recommendations will bring in a net revenue gain of $400 to $600 per episode
- With the increasing number of audits, is there an independent third party reviewing your records?
If your coding is done in-house, it is critical that you validate your accuracy. A 10% sample should be reviewed to verify the documentation’s accuracy & compliance. At Acucare, we do that!
Why Choose Acucare?
- Our coding services are performed offsite through your EMR system or through our encrypted HIPAA compliant secure site, with a 24/48-hour turnaround time and an unconditional service guarantee*.
- We employ U.S. based certified coders (HCS-D, COS-C, HCS-O) and RNs with over 35 years’ experience in leadership capacities and expertise in ICD-10, OASIS–E, and RCD!
- Our staff reduces ADRs – we scrub your data better than any software can BEFORE you transmit it to CMS. Automated systems and data scrubbers DO NOT have the capability to analyze OASIS like our Certified Home Health Coders and Certified OASIS Instructors do.
- Our coders make the appropriate recommendations, increasing the average case-mix weight to national benchmarks or higher through accurate OASIS assessment thus focusing on Clinician’s Education!
- We have expertise in all prominent EMRs. We are well versed in multiple EMR systems, such as DSL, Noteefied, McKesson, Axxess, Synergy, Wellsky, IGEA, Homecare Homebase, Kantime, etc.
- Our coding reviews incorporate Pre and Post HHRG score analysis, showcasing revenue gains per chart.
- Our terms are flexible and may be customized to suit your short and long-term needs. We serve clients regardless of size and location.
- Our coding services are at no cost to your agency! After paying Acucare its fees, a client with a census of 50 patients will add to its bottom line, a NET PROFIT of $113,880.40 per year. Want to know how? Call us NOW for our complimentary Return on Investment tool.
We don’t promise, we deliver!
To prove it, we offer you a NO OBLIGATION trial with a 48 hour turnaround. Call us now at 703.435.8304 or click here to contact us.
*Our Service Guarantee: If a Start of Care, a Resumption of Care, or a Recertification is down coded or rejected because of coding errors, the fee for that occurrence is waived.
See what our clients say
Our Agency was first introduced to Acucare at an annual Health Care conference in Orlando last summer. Our management had already discussed finding another coding company due to cost and work quality with the company we were using at the time. The Assistant Administrator Jeremy and I were impressed with our interaction with the Acucare representatives and followed up after the conference. Through multiple phone calls and e-mail correspondence we transitioned to them fairly smoothly and with very few problems. Their follow up was amazing, they walked us through every step of the way, and had infinite patience with even the smallest detail.
Our Agency has been extremely satisfied with Acucare and their response to our needs, they call back promptly and have delivered everything as promised. This decision has resulted in considerable savings to our Agency, and I am very glad we made this change. Going with Acucare has proven to be the best coding decision we have made. I feel it was an excellent choice, and I would highly recommend them.
“This team has billed 2,700+ claims in a 60 day (holiday) period with some claims as old as 1 year. All of this happened in the midst of a major billing system conversion. This is almost an unimaginable accomplishment and impressive to say the least.”
“Acucare has been a lifesaver for me. I have owned and operated a Home Health Care Agency since 1991 and added Medicare Certification in 2009. I decided to outsource my agency’s Medicare billing so I could concentrate on building the agency Medicare contacts. Upon doing my due diligence I contacted 4 billing companies and was most impressed with Acucare due to their response time, friendly attitude, and terms of agreement. If I ever have a question that one of the Acucare representatives cannot answer the CEO will personally return my call with the answer. Acucare’s employees are all extremely knowledgeable, helpful and have been patient with my learning curve on the new Medicare rules and regulations.
I would highly recommend Acucare to any Home Health Care Agency. Outsourcing billing allows an agency to remain compliant, concentrate on growth, and receive higher return of payment due to expert billing.”
“It is with highest regard that I recommend Acucare Health Strategies. My small company was struggling to survive when I was referred to Acucare for consult. The advice they gave was pertinent and extremely helpful. With their guidance we were able to trim costs and increase revenues while maintaining the top-notch patient care we desired. We also employed their billing services which enabled us to plan for growth without the extra expense of adding billing staff and overhead. The service they provide is most excellent. I found them to be completely trustworthy and customer friendly. In my estimation they went above and beyond what was required of our working-relationship to see that our company succeeded. It is without reservation that I provide this testimonial for them and highly recommend them to others.”
“We had a conflict between our clinicians describing how sick our patients were and yet our case mix weight was very low. To begin to see where the issue lies, we utilized Acucare to verify our coding staff was coding properly, which was helpful for our auditors to see as well. Another benefit of this relationship is to provide a backup to our staff in the event that one of our coders needs to be off. I would highly recommend Acucare as their professionalism and turnaround time are exceptional!”
“Under Acucare’s leadership, we have observed significant and steady progress toward meeting our services and financial goals.”
“We appreciate the detailed documentation related questions posed by Acucare. This enabled our clinicians to use it as a learning tool and they see the appropriateness of the questions being asked. The operations staff is a gem, constantly evolving processes and easing the administrative burden on our end.”
“I want to extend a warm thank you to Acucare and the entire team. They have been of immense help and are very accommodating. Thanks so much!”
“I cannot say enough good things about Acucare. They do our billing and also worked on revenue recovery for us. They do a wonderful job and are very easy to deal with. I would highly recommend them.”