About our team
Acucare Health Strategies is a leading consulting firm serving home health and hospice organizations across the United States. Our hiring process is set apart by employing a dedicated workforce with talent and leadership.
We are always looking for motivated, independent, career- minded individuals with expertise in home health and hospice to join our fast growing organization.
Home Health Biller
Biller with HOME HEALTH BILLING experience
If you do NOT have Home Health Billing experience, please do not apply.
We are seeking a Reimbursement Analyst who will be responsible for Medicare, Medicaid & Managed care billing, reporting and reimbursement. We focus on electronic solutions to enhance our clients’ revenue cycle. The position will work directly with healthcare clients and insurance providers to facilitate a fluid process of billing claims timely and successfully. Prepare and audit claims electronically for appropriate payment. Prefer candidates who are currently working in the Home Health billing field for a payor or provider.
- Reviews and maintains reports and records to ensure accuracy
- Stay up-to-date on PPS Billing guidelines
- Claims preparation and auditing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial & HMO, RCD/PCR billing and denial management skills
- Excellent PC skills are a must, including Medicare DDE (FISS) data entry, Email, Internet Research, Word Processing, and Patient Accounting software
- Knowledge to access the Medicare system and enter or edit claims directly
- Knowledge of Medicare secondary payer (MSP) claim submission
- Expertise in billing Commercial and Managed Care claims using paper or electronic medium
- Expertise in understanding Medicare denials and reason codes and ability to appeal the claims and get them paid successfully
- Preferred working knowledge of various EMR systems like WellSky/AXXESS/Noteefied/DSL/DEVERO
- Knowledge and experience of EDI enrollment/ credentialing with payor
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
***Home Health experience is a MANDATORY***
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of recent experience in home health
- Experience in Medicare Home Health Billing with expertise in Medicare FISS system
- Familiarity with PPS billing guidelines
- Experience with Home Health commercial managed care insurance billing
See what our clients say
“This team has billed 2,700+ claims in a 60 day (holiday) period with some claims as old as 1 year. All of this happened in the midst of a major billing system conversion. This is almost an unimaginable accomplishment and impressive to say the least”
“Acucare has been a lifesaver for me. I have owned and operated a Home Health Care Agency since 1991 and added Medicare Certification in 2009. I decided to outsource my agency’s Medicare billing so I could concentrate on building the agency Medicare contacts. Upon doing my due diligence I contacted 4 billing companies and was most impressed with Acucare due to their response time, friendly attitude, and terms of agreement. If I ever have a question that one of the Acucare representatives cannot answer the CEO will personally return my call with the answer. Acucare’s employees are all extremely knowledgeable, helpful and have been patient with my learning curve on the new Medicare rules and regulations.
I would highly recommend Acucare to any Home Health Care Agency. Outsourcing billing allows an agency to remain compliant, concentrate on growth, and receive higher return of payment due to expert billing.”
“It is with highest regard that I recommend Acucare Health Strategies. My small company was struggling to survive when I was referred to Acucare for consult. The advice they gave was pertinent and extremely helpful. With their guidance we were able to trim costs and increase revenues while maintaining the top-notch patient care we desired. We also employed their billing services which enabled us to plan for growth without the extra expense of adding billing staff and overhead. The service they provide is most excellent. I found them to be completely trustworthy and customer friendly. In my estimation they went above and beyond what was required of our working-relationship to see that our company succeeded. It is without reservation that I provide this testimonial for them and highly recommend them to others.”
We had a conflict between our clinicians describing how sick our patients were and yet our case mix weight was very low. To begin to see where the issue lies, we utilized Acucare to verify our coding staff was coding properly, which was helpful for our auditors to see as well. Another benefit of this relationship is to provide a backup to our staff in the event that one of our coders needs to be off. I would highly recommend Acucare as their professionalism and turnaround time are exceptional!
Under Acucare’s leadership, we have observed significant and steady progress toward meeting our services and financial goals.
We appreciate the detailed documentation related questions posed by Acucare. This enabled our clinicians to use it as a learning tool and they see the appropriateness of the questions being asked. The operations staff is a gem, constantly evolving processes and easing the administrative burden on our end.
I want to extend a warm thank you to Acucare and the entire team. They have been of immense help and are very accommodating. Thanks so much!
” I cannot say enough good things about Acucare. They do our billing and also worked on revenue recovery for us. They do a wonderful job and are very easy to deal with. I would highly recommend them.”